Head of EYFS
April 2020 start
1 year fixed term contract (maternity leave cover)
TLR 2B (MPG/UPS + £4486 with full Inner London Allowance)
This is a great opportunity to lead the Early Years Foundation Stage and bring to life a vision that can inspire and motivate children and staff. The successful candidate should be an excellent classroom teacher with experience of working within EYFS. Within this role you will have the prospect of supporting the creation of a learning journey from age 3 to 19. You will also play a key role in fostering links with the wider community and developing parental involvement in children’s learning. The successful applicant will set the ethos of excellence for children and staff in the EYFS phase, and create a clear strategy to ensure the provision is providing outstanding education for all.
Our new EYFS Leader will:
• Bring to life a curriculum through a creative, personalised approach to children’s learning
• Have an understanding of administering statutory EYFS assessments.
• Be interested in pedagogy and research to create outstanding learning opportunities for all children
• Have an excellent understanding of the EYFS curriculum.
• Develop the outdoor environment that enables children to lay the foundations to become life-long learners.
• Have the ability to lead, motivate develop and coach or mentor staff.
• Bring alive the curriculum through inspirational learning and a creative approach that will lead to outstanding outcomes.
In return we can offer:
• Highly aspirational pupils who are eager to learn, and very supportive parents
• A highly supportive school in which teaching, learning and care are the key priorities
• Career development and coaching (leadership training)
• Time out to develop practice
Please contact Aisha Raymond (Head of Primary) to discuss the role by phone at any time on 0208 507 4602.
For full details of the school, post and an application form please visit the school website www.eastbury.bardaglea.org.uk and return the application form to the Executive Headteacher’s PA, Karen Dunnell email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 23 February 2020. Shortlisting will take place on 24 February 2020 and interviews will take place on 27 February 2020.
Eastbury School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks including enhanced DBS checks. We value the diversity of our community and wider society and are committed to promoting and upholding equalities at our school. CVs are not acceptable and will not be considered.