Head of Faculty (Business and Humanities)
Curriculum specialism – Business (GCSE and A level)
MPS or UPS
L3 – L7
January 2020 start
We are advertising for a head of faculty to lead a team of committed staff within the Humanities and MFL college at Wykham Park Academy
Do you want to be part of our team and ‘family’ of people who are working together to achieve our mission of preparing all of our students for success in high quality apprenticeships or at university and beyond?
Do you want to work on a campus with an outstanding and growing sixth form?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious practitioner, who wants to make a real impact on further driving up standards.
We have very high expectations of all of our staff, but we value them highly, and treat work load very seriously. Our systems ensure you can really focus on your core purpose – teaching, in a sustainable way, unhindered by bureaucracy or poor behaviour.
What we can offer you:
- A campus which has just seen its best GCSE results ever and another excellent set of A level results
- A campus where the sixth form is growing year on year with good numbers choosing to study business
- Sixth formers who now have the ambition to study at universities across the country
- A professional progression model to enable you to progress in your career – the next step from Head of Faculty is into a senior leadership position
- Support and line management from a very experienced Head of College
- Great students who behave excellently – you can make a massive difference to them
- Clear behaviour systems
- Centralised homework detentions for KS3 and 4 (you do not need to organise/run/chase them at all)
- A feedback policy focused on closing the gap– we do not have onerous/impossible marking policies and we continuously monitor them from a workload perspective
- A centralised homework system at KS3
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing supportive feedback, helping you to continuously develop – we believe that trusting our staff with autonomy helps to develop a strong staff culture
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- CPD that starts as soon as you are appointed with a clear induction programme
- A beautiful campus situated on the very edge of the Cotswolds, only half an hour from Oxford and an hour from London by train
The successful candidate will be:
- a kind and calm individual who can foster positive relationships rapidly
- a supportive leader who can coach, mentor and direct colleagues to ensure that all subjects under their remit make rapid and sustained improvement
- an excellent teacher of business who has a love for the subject and is excited to further develop their skills in that area
- an optimist who will go the extra mile to ensure the life chances and ‘cultural capital’ of all our pupils are maximised
- a student-centred practitioner who is totally aligned to our Trust’s values and mission
- a pedagogist aligned with our teaching philosophy, built around Lemov’s ‘Teach Like a Champion’ and teaching ‘powerful knowledge’
- a colleague who wants to move into a senior leadership role in the next few years
We actively welcome visits and would be delighted to show you around our Academy.
To apply, please click on the “quick apply” button to submit an online application.
Please contact email@example.com or ring 01295 251451 to arrange a visit or an informal, confidential discussion with Sylvia Thomas (Principal) about the role.
Closing date for applications: 9 a.m. Friday 18th October 2019.
Learn more about Banbury Aspirations Campus at: https://wykhampark-aspirations.org/ and http://www.futuresbanbury.org/
Both Wykham Park Academy and Futures Institute Banbury are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.