Head of Faculty – English & Drama
Incorporating the Head of Department, English
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas. The school is graded Outstanding by Ofsted and gained the Exceptional Schools Award. We are committed to the welfare of all our students and wellbeing is central to our philosophy.
We are seeking a very well-qualified, experienced and inspirational teacher to lead our English and Drama Faculty. It is an opportunity for someone with established leadership skills and a real passion for providing the best possible education.
Within the Challoner’s High English and Drama Faculty you will experience:
• Exceptional students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure
• A positive place to work with excellent facilities, including IT resources
• A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team
• Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of middle leaders across the school
• London Fringe allowance
• Two week October half term holiday
• Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
• The best advert however for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to Deputy Headteacher
Salary / Allowances applicable TLR 1.1 (currently £9,381 pa)
Start Date September 2019
Application Deadline Noon, Thursday 25th April 2019
Interview Date Monday 29th April 2019
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits to the school are welcome
We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities
Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.