Head of Faculty – Art/ Technology/ Performing Arts/ P.E.
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale plus TLR2c - £2,721
Start Date: September 2020
This is an exciting opportunity to join Paxman Academy in Colchester. The school opened to Year 7 students in September 2019 and is a co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy with a PAN of 180. In its first year of opening, the Academy was a popular choice and was over-subscribed.
The Head of Faculty will play a major role in ensuring that staff and students succeed and reach their potential in the subjects of Art, Textiles, Technology, Performing Arts and P.E.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Leadership Team Line Manager to create a vision to develop, empower and sustain individuals and teams of staff and support the implementation of that vision.
- Lead the development of appropriate syllabuses’, resources, schemes of work and teaching and learning strategies in the faculty, which reflect the school’s commitment to high achievement.
- Be a leading classroom practitioner; inspire and motivate other teachers.
- The day-to-day management, control and operation of course provision, including effective deployment of staff, budget and resources.
- To monitor and follow up student progress.
- Accountability for student progress and development within the Faculty.
- Undertake whole school responsibilities as agreed with the Headteacher.
(Full details can be found in the Job Outline and Role Specification.)
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Two years or more leadership experience
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary and TLR
- An excellent teaching environment
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the ambitious and forward thinking Sigma Trust
- Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme and Childcare Voucher Scheme
- A full continuous Professional Development Programme
- Training opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust
For additional information about our school, please visit the Paxman Academy website http://www.paxmanacademy.org.uk. Please note that CV’s cannot be accepted. Applicants must complete a Sigma Trust Application form.
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from this website and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 13th October 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.