HEAD OF FACULTY – MATHS
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale + TLR (depending on experience)
Start Date: 1st September 2020
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join Paxman Academy in Colchester. The school opened to Year 7 students in September 2019 and is a co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy with a PAN of 180. In its first year of opening, the Academy was a popular choice and was over-subscribed.
The Head of Faculty will play a major role in ensuring that staff and students succeed and reach their potential within the Maths Faculty.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Work with the Leadership Team Line Manager to create a vision to develop, empower and sustain individuals and teams of staff and support the implementation of that vision.
• Lead the development of appropriate syllabuses’, resources, schemes of work and teaching and learning strategies in the faculty, which reflect the school’s commitment to high achievement.
• Be a leading classroom practitioner; inspire and motivate other teachers.
• The day-to-day management, control and operation of course provision, including effective deployment of staff, budget and resources.
• To monitor and follow up student progress.
• Accountability for student progress and development within the faculty.
• Undertake whole school responsibilities as agreed with the Headteacher.
(The full details can be found in the Job Outline and Person Specification.)
We're looking for you if you:
• Are an enthusiastic leader with ability to inspire trust and confidence.
• Have substantial, recent and successful experience of teaching in Key Stage 3 and 4.
• Have knowledge of recent reforms and the ability to successfully implement them.
• Have high expectations of students and colleagues.
• Have the ability to contribute to the recognition and effective use of the talents of the teaching team.
Why work for Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
• A competitive salary
• Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
• Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
• Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme and Pension Scheme, and cycle to work scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust and return it to email@example.com quoting reference 251 . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 8th December 2019
Shortlisting date: Monday 9th December 2019
Interview date: Monday 16th December 2019
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.