You will lead the department of Mathematics and act as the core Leader for this subject area and be responsible for leading, managing, supporting and monitoring the work of the departmental team to secure effective leadership and management of the department and high standards of staff performance.
We require, for a September 2019 start, an enthusiastic and highly committed person who will be an excellent leader of Mathematics. Whilst the initial role is in Barnes Wallis Academy there is great scope to progress to different schools and roles across the Trust allowing staff opportunities for Post-16 teaching, leadership positions and the chance to take on network-wide responsibilities such as a Subject Lead where desired.
The Academy is pleasantly situated within the villages of Coningsby and Tattershall in Lincolnshire and our aim is to be the heartbeat of these villages. Our size undoubtedly helps to create a strong feeling of togetherness that contributes to the ease of relationships between students, parents/carers and staff.
Who we are looking for:
- Have the capacity to generate energy and enthusiasm for learning
- Be able to raise achievement through motivating, challenging and inspiring our students;
- Be a reflective and resilient practitioner
- Have a commitment to inclusion;
- Help foster a culture of high expectations and achievement within the department;
- Have a commitment to the school’s ethos and vision
- Be able to establish strong relationships with students and staff
- Model professional standards across all areas of work.
Salary and benefits
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- An excellent provision for your professional development and Leadership Development programme
About the Trust
Our network of 34 unique and diverse academies is committed to becoming the top performing multi-academy trust (MAT) in the country. We pride ourselves on our academic rigour, driven by talented, dedicated and inspiring teachers who help our students to fulfil their true potential.
If you share our vision and really want to make a difference please submit your application to have the opportunity to be a part of our organisation.
Apply now by visiting our website. Please note that we cannot accept CVs without a completed application form.
Please note that interviews will take place week commencing 20th May 2019.