Eligible Candidates: English language fluent
Student Level: Nursery/Reception/Year 1
Located in the busy capital city of Tokyo, Kspace International School is a small, private commercial entity. We are a co-ed. secular school offering a wide range of programmes to the expatriate and local community.
We are currently looking to recruit mature and dynamic senior level staff members that are able to run their own floor, train and manage the team, and implement various aspects of an enhanced National Curriculum for England. We offer a wonderful opportunity to join a busy and dynamic school, an enthusiastic international team, in a safe, culturally rich, wonderful part of the world.
- Demonstrate excellent subject and curriculum knowledge.
- Be prepared to teach at any time when required and run floors.
- Create new courses on an ongoing basis for extracurricular programmes and new business initiatives.
- Make accurate and productive use of student assessment.
- Set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge students and team members.
- Manage behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment.
- Lead team members from various backgrounds across all aspects of the day-to day programme.
- Bring the School’s curriculum in line with all developments in the English National Curriculum, and lead training where necessary.
- Be prepared to take a senior management role if required in the absence of the School Principal.
- The above list of duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive. A detailed Job Description will be provided to applicants whose CVs are chosen for screening.
- Education Required: Master's or Bachelors Degree in Education is essential
- Minimum experience: Must have no less than 5 years in an educational leadership/training capacity at schools using the English National Curriculum
- Teacher training experience in Singapore Maths/Maths Mastery and Read Write Inc. and all other aspects of the curriculum an advantage
- Must be prepared to plan to relocate to Japan at least 2 years with the needs of the role in mind
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working with diverse cultures
- Ability to adapt to life in Japan
- Exemplary punctuality and attendance record
- Excellent communication skills
- EFL/ESOL/TEFL Certification preferred as EFL students make up the majority of the community
- Full attested degrees & high school certificates to be supplied
- Must be hard working, dedicated, extremely flexible and understand the need for commercial profit and business sustainability
- Must have ability to work on own initiative but be flexible enough to follow direction closely
- Able to attend virtual Skype interviews
Remuneration and Benefits
- International teaching experience
- Remuneration: Competitive
- Accommodation: Sliding scale housing contribution provided in salary, based on seniority
- Inbound ticket from home country. Return ticket to home country at the end of contract (based on employee fulfilling all contractual term and obligations)
- Health Insurance: Japanese health care may apply
- Education: Tuition fees for one child of employee at Kspace may be possible. TBD.
- Vacation: 26 days basic per year. Further weeks may be added based on applicant’s profile etc.
Interested candidates please find out more about our school prior to application by visiting our website: http://kspacetokyo.org/
Please forward your CV and a recent passport style photo to: email@example.com
Note: Kspace International School is committed to the protection and safety of its students and to promoting their welfare. To that end identity, security and medical checks will be required from the successful applicant.