POST: Head of Food Preparation and Nutrition at Safa Community School, Dubai
In 2019 the school was awarded the title of ‘Best New School in the UAE’ and 2021 shortlisted as a finalist for ‘Most loved’, ‘Happiest’ and ‘Best Value Added’ for schools across the UAE. The school has one of the best staff retention rates in Dubai and was voted one of the 15 Best Schools in the UAE by the Schoolscompared.com survey.
Safa Community School is an all-through UK curriculum school, from FS1 to Year 13, with 2,070 on roll. (@safa_scs and Safa Community School Youtube ). We pride ourselves on our high standards across all aspects of school life. This includes high academic progress and a wide variety of extra-curricular success.
Safa Community School is seeking to appoint an outstanding, talented, and visionary Head of Food Preparation and Nutrition. The successful applicant will have a proven record of success as a teacher and will be able to demonstrate that they have improved outcomes (primarily academic) for students.
We are looking to appoint a teacher with the passion and commitment to promote and develop an outstanding Food Preparation and Nutrition department. The Head of Department will also be responsible for all DSIB Inspection preparation and readiness. This is an exciting time to join SCS with a new Senior School extension offering more world-class facilities completing in September 2022.
The school has proven GCSE and A-Levels results over the past three years. The school’s GCSE Value Added is +1.8. A brief summary of the whole school performance is listed below.
9-8 % 42%
9-6 % 77%
9-4 % 98%
2021 School Value Added is +1.8
What can SCS offer?
- the ability to develop and grow within the Secondary School;
- the opportunity to be innovative and to develop new educational procedures and student experiences;
- the ability to develop a significantly broad portfolio;
- an exciting, challenging, and stimulating place to work in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Who/what is SCS looking for?
- Excellent leadership potential, strong management, and communication skills are demonstrable through your present role.
- A vast experience of delivering GCSE and A-level.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Creating and delivering departmental improvement plans
- Experience in working with and analysing data
- The ability to communicate a clear vision for improving standards within the department;
- A capacity for hard work and resilience; and a belief that this is at the core of success;
- A creative thinker with the ability and determination to secure high-quality outcomes for all students;
- An exceptional and innovative classroom practitioner;
- Demonstrable ability to lead, inspire and motivate others;
- Readiness for meeting the high expectations in Dubai with enthusiasm;
- A leader who places the well-being of all students first.
The closing date for applications is Thursday, 13th January 2022, at 12 noon UAE time.
Early applications are encouraged as the selection process is to be held as applications are received.
Safa Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please see below for the full application process.
Application Process for Head of Food Preparation and Nutrition
The application process is:
- All applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit a full resume / CV.
- Submit a covering letter of no more than two A4 pages.
- Provide at least three referees’ names, telephone numbers (with international dialling codes), and email addresses. One must be a current employer.
- Please provide your Skype contact details (if you have these).
- You are welcome to visit the school informally and by arrangement with the Principal’s PA, Mrs. Leander Le Grange (email@example.com).
- The closing date for all applications is. Thursday, 13th January 2022 at 12 noon UAE time. However, applications will be processed as received, and initial Skype interviews will be arranged for successful candidates as applications are received.
- Once initial Skype interviews are concluded, arrangements will be made individually with those candidates who will proceed to the second round of interviews. A demonstration lesson may be required.