We are looking to appoint a dedicated, enthusiastic and inspiring teacher from September 2017; an individual who can consistently teach good or outstanding lessons and lead our thriving MFL department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. The ideal candidate will have the skills to teach both French and Spanish to Key Stage 3 but also specialise in one of these languages up to Key Stage 5. We encourage applications from teachers who feel they can add value to an already highly-effective department and prosper in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
You will be joining a vibrant, hardworking and experienced department that is committed to ensuring successful outcomes for our students. Last year, 77% of students taking GCSE achieved an A*-C grade across both Languages combined.
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching French and Spanish, which is clearly demonstrated in the classroom.
• A teacher who can consistently teach outstanding lessons and deliver high quality outcomes.
• Have a track record of strong pupil outcomes.
• The ability to develop and constantly modify exceptional practice in-line with a continually changing climate.
• The ability to lead and add value to an already effective and motivated team.
• A desire to further raise overall achievement and the success of Modern Foreign Languages within the school.
Applications from experienced Heads of Department or experienced teachers that feel they are ready for their next challenge are equally welcome. The person appointed will be given full support in their career development as we believe that development of staff is a key aspect in raising standards for our students.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Free tea, latte, cappuccino and hot chocolate etc.
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
This post would be suitable for an experienced teacher or a successful NQT.
If you feel that working within this Outstanding and innovative school is for you, then please apply by completing the school application form.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.