Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of French on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a 'Good' rated school that aims to cultivate teachers that are passionate about their subjects and seek to teach exciting lessons which engage learners. They encourage teaching that is innovative and support staff with an appraisal model that encourages development rather than a rigid approach to graded lessons. Its continuing professional development ensures that staff work together to improve their practice. The school empowers staff to deliver great lessons through a high expectations culture within the school that supports them in managing behaviour effectively through strong systems.
"Leaders have been able to cultivate an ethos of focusing on the needs of individual pupils. Pupils irrespective of their starting points, receive a range of support. Many pupils make very good progress…" - (Ofsted 2016).
The Head of French will be expected to:
- Work with the Middle and Senior Leadership Teams to secure the strategic vision of the school in line with the broad educational vision, providing outstanding leadership that establishes the school as a leading provider of high quality education for its students
- Deliver the highest possible educational standards and create a high expectation culture in which students feel safe, valued and motivated to succeed
- Assist the Middle and Senior Leadership Teams in the effective day-to-day organisation and management of the school and contribute to the leadership capacity of the school
- Secure the achievement of specified Key Performance Indicators and targets for French as identified in the School Strategic Plan
- Help to manage standards of learning and behaviour in the French department and wider school on a day-to-day basis, ensuring high expectations and full commitment to achieving outstanding outcomes
- Provide high quality French teaching, effective use of resources and high standards of learning and achievement for all students
- Support the delivery of exceptionally high standards of literacy and oracy across the school
- Be accountable for the attainment and progress in French at the school
The Successful Candidate:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Qualified teacher status
- Demonstrable experience of improving student outcomes
- Understanding of innovative approaches to teaching and learning
- Understanding of the National Curriculum and OFSTED Framework
- Demonstrable experience of high quality teaching and learning
- Positive effective strategies for behaviour management
- Experience of optimising the attainment and progress of students
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR1444227
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...