Specialist Science and Mathematics Academy
Tamworth Road, Kingsbury, Tamworth B78 2LF
Tel: 01827 872316
Headteacher: Mr M Clarke
11-16 Years. NoR: 645
Head of French
An enthusiastic and highly motivated Head of French is required from October 2017 to join our Performing Arts, Language and Sport Faculty at one of the highest performing schools in Tamworth and North Warwickshire. We pride ourselves on:
- Excellent results in French at GCSE level
- A whole school Progress 8 score of +0.09
- Our success and drive in helping all students achieve their potential
- Being part of the Castle Phoenix Academy Trust
We are looking for:
- A well-qualified, creative and dynamic teacher of French
- A teacher who is able to enthuse and inspire students and encourage a love of languages
- A committed and innovative professional with a desire to deliver extracurricular activities that add value for students
- A teacher who is committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can
- An inspiration leader who can lead and support a team of staff to achieve excellent outcomes in French and acros the wider faculty.
This role also comes with an additional responsisbility to support the Head of Faculty, with particular emphasis on driving standards in learning and teaching. Other subjects in the faculty include Music, Drama and Physical Education. If desired, there will be opportunities to work across all of these subjects.
We are an oversubscribed, popular and high performing school located close to the M42 and M6, in easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
If you would like to know more or would like to visit us and see our school in action then please do not hesitate to make contact.
For September 2017, we are introducing Scholarships for aspiring lead learning practitioners. Up to £2000 scholarship bursary will be available over two years. The Scholarship is to enable the preparation of inspirational resources, lead on aspects of intervention, sharing of good practice and development of a ‘leadership of learning’ challenge. There will also be a £1000 ‘golden ticket’ for training and development with the Castle Phoenix Teaching School Alliance and Leadership Academy
We are committed to effective learning, teaching, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application forms are available direct from the school or from the school website www.kingsburyschool.co.uk
Closing date: Wednesday 21st June 2017
Interview date: Week beginning 26th June 2017