We wish to appoint a highly effective practitioner who can lead the Geography Department commencing January 2019 or earlier by negotiation.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to support strategic leadership and continue to develop the department
- The ability to lead, motivate, inspire and support others to achieve excellence
- The ability to teach Key Stage 3, Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5
- The ability to enthuse and motivate students
- The ability to form positive relationships leading to excellent behaviour for learning
- A commitment to continuous professional development
Queensbury Academy is an extremely popular and over-subscribed Academy,
situated on a pleasant site at the foot of Dunstable Downs – South Bedfordshire. We offer staff an outstanding induction programme; excellent support for professional development excellent facilities and resources and a very friendly working atmosphere.
We would welcome visits from prospective applicants.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Further information and an application form can be obtained from the Academy website at www.queensburyacademy.com or for further information contact Mrs S Gadsden, Principal’s PA at the Academy telephone number 01582 601241.
Closing date Monday 4th June, interviews will be held on Thursday 7th June 2018.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in the Academy.