Head of Geography
Post Grade/ Salary : TLR 2C (Negotiable for exceptional candidate)
Responsible to: Learning Coordinator
Post Tenable: January / April 2018
Heartlands High School is seeking an outstanding Head of Geography to start in January or April 2018.
Heartlands High School is a mixed comprehensive 11-16 school that opened in September 2010. Popular and oversubscribed within the local community, the school will take 1080 students when full. Our recent Ofsted report states… ’Leaders have been able to cultivate an ethos of focusing on the needs of individual pupils. Pupils irrespective of their starting points, receive a range of support. Many pupils make very good progress…’ (Ofsted 2016)
The successful candidate will be committed to developing the following leadership behaviours:
· lead the establishment and development of the subject area as outlined below, ensuring that Geography teaching in the school is inspiring, engaging and inclusive
· design at least three SEARCH days each year
· contribute to our pathways curriculum by creating relevant and personalised routes of study
· set up and develop highly engaging enrichment within Geography and RE including inspiring school trips
· work within and contribute to the larger faculty
· contribute to whole school learning and forge cross-curricular links
· play an active role as a tutor within a vertical structure as outlined below
· ensure the behaviour management system is implemented in the subject area so that effective learning can take place.
For further information or if you would like to arrange a visit to the school please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date by 12pm on Friday 8th December 2017.
Interviews will be held on week beginning 11th December 2017.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population.
Please click on the 'Quick Apply' button below to submit your application today.