Head of Geography
• MPS/UPS (Outer London) Salary Range £27,596 to £43,348
• Required April or September 2020
• Contract: Permanent
Middlesex Learning Partnership is a particularly successful Trust in West London. Our three academies occupy the very top positions in the Hillingdon League tables for outcomes. We are highly collaborative and committed to making a difference to the lives of young people. We have a strong sense of community where staff enjoy rewarding relationships with our conscientious and aspirational students.
At Barnhill our students have achieved academic outcomes in 2018 which place us well within the top 5% of the country with a progress 8 score of +0.66. We are moving rapidly towards our goal of becoming an Outstanding school.
We are looking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Head of Geography to lead and strengthen our Humanities Curriculum Area.
Successful candidates will have:
- Enthusiasm and passion for teaching and developing young people
- An engaging and optimistic approach
- High expectations and a belief in the potential of young people to achieve.
In return we will offer you:
- Motivated, hard-working students
- High expectations of behaviour supported by established systems and protocols
- Bespoke, high quality professional development including the Barnhill Middle Leaders Programme and opportunities to take the NPQML, NPQSL and NPQH.
- Accelerated career opportunities for aspirational and talented staff
- An extensive well-being package
- Established partnerships with: Teach First; Challenge Partners; PiXL; London West Alliance
- Opportunities to work across the Trust in different phases.
Please contact the Deputy Head Teacher, Mehul Shah, if you would like an informal chat about the post or to arrange a visit to the school firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this post please click the quick apply link
Closing date: Noon 25 October 2019
Barnhill Community High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that Barnhill Community High reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.