JOB TITLE: Head of Geography
Salary: Main Scale/Upper Pay Scale plus TLR 2B (currently £4,765 per annum)
Working pattern: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Location: The Manor Academy, Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire
The Manor Academy are looking for a dedicated Head of Department for Geography. The successful candidate will lead the subject with responsibilities for curriculum design, teaching and learning within the department and progress in the subject. The job will also include faculty wide roles working with the Head of Humanities. As part of this the successful candidate would have responsibilities relating to faculty QA, pursuing the areas identified by the school improvement plan in particular as well as supporting teachers across the faculty in their teaching and learning and supporting with achievement and behaviour. They will also work closely with the Key Stage 3 lead in humanities to help develop the curriculum in years 7-9. The role will need to work closely with the Head of Humanities to maintain a high level of achievement and continuously improve the department.
The successful candidate will be dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate Teacher, with the skills and drive to support in leading the department. The appointed candidate will join a team of supportive, hard working and gifted teachers who put students first in their quest to provide the very best learning experiences for all. The successful applicant will want to inspire our students to develop a love for Humanities.
Why work for us?
The Manor Academy has an excellent reputation for its high standards of teaching, student behaviour and academic achievement. Ofsted recognised the journey we have been on when grading us as a ‘good’ school, citing that the quality of education has been transformed since the last inspection.
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Competitive pay scales - our pay scales for Leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales.
• Opportunities for professional development and working towards national qualifications such as the SSAT Lead Practitioner
• An opportunity to join and lead within the teaching and learning group to drive forwards curriculum throughout the school
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options.
• The ability to work flexibly.
• Career-Average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating and supportive working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: 15 April 2021 at midday
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
The Manor Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years