Plymouth School of Creative Arts is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspiring qualified teacher who can bring their chosen subject to life and create a nurturing learning environment, within which everyone can reach their full potential. We are looking to start as soon as possible but are happy for the right person to start in September 2020.
We are seeking someone who can bring fresh ideas to the table, a problem solver who can embrace feedback, a curious mind who reads about current subject related pedagogy and practice with the intention of making the department strong, vibrant, well-organised, consistent and in line with the school’s improvement cycle, policies and guidance.
Plymouth School of Creative Arts is a 3 -16 mainstream, city centre, all-through school sponsored by Plymouth College of Art. We opened our Primary phase in September 2013, and our Secondary phase in September 2014.
Our initial intake comprised 94 students (Reception and Year One). We now have over nine hundred students in the school, from Preschool to Year 11.
What we are looking for:
- An organised and energetic individual who wants to be a part of the development of the department.
- An experienced practitioner who can teach students across Key Stages 3 and 4 with some possible teaching at KS2.
- An inspiring and dynamic teacher with the ability to implement strategies that will further enhance our students’ love of learning.
- Someone who is totally committed to improving the life chances of young people within a significant area of deprivation.
- Calm manner and high expectations
- The capacity and drive to develop their own teaching and bring innovative ideas to the classroom, the department and the faculty.
- Someone who takes constructive feedback as a way to move forward.
- A postholder with QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
Applicants should have a commitment to their own learning and be able to adapt to changing and individual needs. In return, we will provide the support, encouragement and resources to help us all achieve great things together.
Closing date: Monday 17th February
Interview date Friday 28th February
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We recommend you visit if at all possible, so that you can fully appreciate the distinctiveness of the school. Please ring 01752 221927 to book onto a visit. Please see the documents below to support your application. Completed application forms should be returned by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday on the closing date.