We are looking for a dynamic leader and outstanding teacher to lead our highly successful Geography department. The Geography department obtains very impressive results and attracts large numbers at A Level. The post holder will have a track record of teaching successfully at all key stages.
Wood Green is a truly comprehensive school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. Our core purpose is to ensure “Excellence for All” and everything we do contributes to achieving this.
This is a very exciting time for Wood Green, as we create our truly excellent school. This is a unique opportunity to be part of our journey and to make a real difference to the lives of young people. We are focussed on improving outcomes for all our learners and raising aspiration, building on the good behaviour of students and a culture of strong pastoral care.
The right candidate:
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented teacher of Head of Geography to join our highly successful, forward looking department. This is a permanent full-time post from September 2018.
• You will be a talented teacher with a passion for Geography
• You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
• You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of the Geography Department and the wider school
Wood Green can offer:
• A Geography Department that achieves consistently good outcomes and has a drive to improve from year 7 through to A level.
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy Geography
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and as part of the Acer Multi-Academy Trust.
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning Wood Green is a school with a strong sense of community, a focus on excellence, on wellbeing and on a Growth Mindset with an exciting future. As the school continues to develop, you can make a contribution to that future.
If you would like to find out more about the position or visit the school please contact Faith Green, HR Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a full candidate information pack and application form please visit www.wgswitney.org.uk/vacancies