This is an exciting opportunity to teach and inspire the talented and hardworking gymnasts at South Hampstead High School.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, energetic and inspirational Gymnast and PE Teacher to join a strong and dynamic PE Department. As Head of Gymnastics, you will teach highly motivated and talented pupils from EYFS to Year 13, delivering a wide range of activities.
You will also be expected to:
- Oversee, plan and organise the gymnastics programme from EYFS to Year 13
- Oversee and lead the gymnastics extra-curricular programme with the assistance from our gymnastics coaches
- Plan and organise gymnastics competitions to be hosted by South Hampstead High School
- Make entries and research relevant gymnastics competitions for the pupils
- Organise pupils to gain British Gymnastics awards and badges
- Plan and organise a short or long-haul gymnastics tour
Gymnastics at South Hampstead High School is very popular. We have novice, intermediate and advanced competition squads where they compete from local to national competitions. Our competition squads have had a successful year; with the U12 novice gymnasts winning at Highgate, the intermediate acro-pairs following suit and the U13 advanced squads winning bronze at the British Schools Gymnastics Association Floor and Vault competition.
About the School
“When I first stepped through the doors here, I knew that it was a very special place to be – the wonderful atmosphere, dedicated staff and energetic girls, who are such a pleasure to teach.”
— South Hampstead Teacher
Working at South Hampstead is stimulating, challenging and fun. Pupils are intelligent and inquisitive, energetic and engaging. We offer competitive salaries, generous employee benefits and a warm, supportive environment. There is a strong emphasis on Continuous Professional Development and on supporting teachers to engage with leading education research.
The School is part of the GDST, the UK's leading network of independent girls' schools. We offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Competitive salaries and pay progression
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Childcare vouchers, interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
Applications should be addressed to Mrs Bingham, Headmistress, South Hampstead High School, 3 Maresfield Gardens, NW3 5SS or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 28th June 2019.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.