Due to further expansion across the Trust, South Lincolnshire Academies Trust are seeking to appoint an inspirational, highly motivated and innovative Head of Health & Social Care to work at Spalding Academy. The successful candidate will teach Health & Social Care up to Key Stage 4.
Spalding is an attractive town offering affordable housing and with easy access to London, Nottingham, Cambridge, Leicester and Peterborough (London is only 45 minutes by train from Peterborough).
This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring Head of Department, to join a thriving and highly motivated Trust. The successful candidate will have:
- Qualified teacher status;
- The ability to teach Health & Social Care at KS3 and KS4;
- The ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results;
- Excellent organisational and ICT skills;
- An awareness of effective assessment and use of data to track student progress;
- The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team;
- A passion for their subject and the ability to share this with young people.
The Trust offers exceptionally pleasant working environments. Both Bourne and Spalding sites are a calm and safe place, where staff and students work hard, achieve a great deal and enjoy excellent working relationships. We are passionately committed to developing staff and managing staff workload to ensure that colleagues enjoy their work and recognise the Trust as an almost-uniquely positive place to teach and enjoy their careers.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory disclosure prior to taking up an offer of employment.
Closing date for applications is 9am Tuesday 3rd December 2019. Interviews will follow shortly thereafter.