Job Title: Head of History
Salary: MPS/UPS (£23,720 - £39,406) + TLR (£6,342)
Contract: Full Time
Required for: January 2019
Are you an ambitious Teacher of History looking for the next challenge? We are extremely proud of our History Department and we are seeking an exceptional individual to lead the team. Investing heavily in staff development, we are committed to supporting our teachers through all stages in their careers.
- an open and collaborative community that trusts its teachers, equipping them with the skills and allowing them the freedom to act as valued professionals;
- outstanding facilities and resources;
- high quality inset programme, Minimum 15% non-contact time for all teachers, bespoke 3 year induction programme for new teachers;
- a range of personal benefits, including Cycle to Work Scheme, on site leisure centre and an active staff social committee, leadership development;
- rigid procedures for managing behaviour;
- an Ofsted outstanding School that believes ‘better never stops’.
For further insight into this role, the RS Department and Kennet School please view the attachments below labelled:
‘A letter from our Headteacher’ (What We Believe)
‘Letter to Applicants’ (Staff Benefits)
‘Further information about the role’
We would like you to be:
- experienced in leading a team and creating shared vision;
- a clear communicator with strong values and sense of moral purpose;
- able to teach History to KS5;
- creative, forward thinking attitude & unapologetically passionate about your subject;
- committed to working collaboratively as part of a team and across the school;
- willing to think creatively and take risks in the classroom;
- hard-working with excellent organisational skills.
How to Apply
- Click the ‘Quick Apply’ button below to complete the application form.
The school’s successes are well documented, but we believe that it is most impressive when seen in action. We welcome enquiries and visits prior to application, so please get in touch with Chris Ellison, Deputy Headteacher for more information (email@example.com).
Deadline & Interview Dates
Deadline for applications is 9am, Wednesday, 17 October and candidates selected for interview will be informed by telephone soon after. Interview date: Friday, 19 October.
Kennet School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, including being subject to a full DBS check.