The Governors at Cornelius Vermuyden are seeking to appoint for September a hardworking, enthusiastic and passionate individual who has a proven track record of successfully driving pupil attainment in History. The subject is a popular option choice for GCSE and so this is a very important role within the school.
The successful candidate will:-
- Have the opportunity to develop the history curriculum further in order to inspire and motivate pupils to achieve;
- Work alongside the Head of Geography to develop and embed outstanding and innovate classroom practice across the humanities faculty;
- Have the opportunity to lead develop and lead a committed and enthusiastic team with an eagerness to learn.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has the capacity and drive to make a real difference to the lives of young people.
We can offer:
- Access to a specifically tailored and fully funded CPD package;
- A hardworking and committed history department within a very supportive humanities faculty;
- A childcare voucher scheme;
- A Senior Leadership Team that will allow you to be innovative, proactive and play an active part in our school.
The Cornelius Vermuyden School is an innovative and over-subscribed 11-16 school, situated in 38 acres of ground. We have a brand new building which includes state of the art facilities.
Please apply using the accompanying application form. Alternatively, you can visit the school’s website, www.corneliusvermuyden.com, and use the application form under Key Materials in the vacancy section under Staff Information. Please send your completed application to Mrs A Beckman, Headteacher’s PA, either by email to email@example.com, or by post to the school’s address.
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if there is a good level of response. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please note that only those applicants who are asked to attend for interview will be contacted.