Repton School in Dubai has been consistently rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Dubai education authority (KHDA) placing us in the top 1% of schools in the country. We have close links to our sister school, Repton UK in Derbyshire which allows our students to benefit from an international education based on the British independent system.
We are seeking an outstanding Head of History with significant experience leading the History Department in a school, including A-Level/IB.
Repton has state-of-the-art facilities and is situated on a spectacular campus of 1.3million sq. ft, making it the largest school in the region. There are currently around 1800 students attending the school from the age of 3 to 18. In addition, 50 weekly and full time boarding students are supported by a dedicated team of house staff, making Repton a world class educational community in every sense.
The History department compromises a strong team of specialists who have varying, but complementary areas of historical expertise. All members of the Department are expected to work closely together on the development of the curriculum and assessment. We seek to generate a supportive atmosphere which respects and fosters professional autonomy and which is conducive to the sharing of good practice and the nurturing of creativity.
We encourage independent learning, open lines of intellectual enquiry, risk taking and internationalism. This latter characteristic is pivotal to every year group, as we cater for such a diverse range of national and cultural backgrounds. Seeking to promote understanding between cultures is therefore critical to what the Department is trying to achieve in every lesson.
Our objective in extending the creative talents of the members of the Department and fostering a vibrant extra-curricular profile is the extension and development of the talents of the pupils we teach. We seek to inspire a love of history and to foster pleasure in intellectual enquiry. We develop relaxed and productive relationships with pupils and place great emphasis upon flexibility with regard to our teaching styles and the delivery of individual units of work within an agreed framework of teaching and assessment.
Candidates should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the specialist subject that you teach and qualified teacher status (QTS)
- Minimum of four years full time, post-qualification teaching experience in the UK National Curriculum and be a minimum of 25 years old
- Experience leading a History Department in Senior School, including A-Level/IB.
- Exceptional communication skills and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to innovate, excite and inspire children and colleagues
- Willingness to embrace new methods of teaching, particularly using Apple technology as we move towards Apple Distinguished School Status.
What we offer
- An exceptional employment package, starting from 2500gbp/month (tax free) plus responsibility allowance for Department Heads.
- Professional development opportunities, where many of our staff secure promoted posts within our group of schools.
- Family benefits for you, your spouse and up to two children
- High quality private healthcare coverage
- Annual flight tickets allowance
- Spacious accommodation close to the school
- End of contract gratuity as per UAE labour law
We particularly welcome applications from candidates looking to either continue or begin a boarding school career.
Additionally, experience in coaching sport to a high standard (especially football, cricket, and netball) would be an advantage and should be made clear on your application.
Application link - https://evolvence.careers.eteach.com/o/head-of-history-senior-school/c/new?source=TES