We are seeking to appoint a Head of History to join our Extended Leadership Team at The Spires College. This is an exciting opportunity to take a growing department and make it into something exceptional. It would suit an ambitious teacher who has established themselves as an excellent classroom practitioner and is now seeking the opportunity to develop leadership skills in order to progress their career.
We are passionate about teaching and learning and would love to hear from you if you share our belief in the power of education to transform lives. If you are ready for the next step in your career and are dedicated to bringing positive outcomes for all young people then this could be the perfect role for you.
The College is a close community, with a shared desire to be the best we can be. As a School we are committed the professional development of our staff and invest heavily in ensuring our teachers grow and flourish as practitioners.
• the opportunity to be part of an Extended Leadership Team that leads on college improvement;
• excellent professional development and a wide range of professional opportunities, including significant leadership development opportunities;
• a high level of support for all new staff;
• the opportunity to work alongside excellent practitioners across the College;
• an exciting and stimulating place to work in a friendly environment;
• a modern, purpose-built building and excellent facilities.
• be an exceptional and innovative classroom practitioner, who is able to teach History at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5;
• be committed to working in a close, collaborative team;
• be able to use a strong pedagogical understanding to successfully deliver the History curriculum;
• be enthusiastic about giving young people the best possible start in life.
The Spires College is a co-educational, 11-18 School with a bilateral stream. We are a friendly, caring school which puts the needs of our children at the heart of all we do.
For further details about the post including details of how to apply, please visit http://www.thespirescollege.com/about/job-vacancies or contact Nadine Osborne, PA to the Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 2 October 2019. Interviews: 7 October 2019.