Kellett School is seeking an exceptional individual who has the vision and energy to provide the highest standard of pastoral care to its 620 students in the Senior School.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Senior School (Pastoral, Community and Wellbeing)
Kellett school is internationally recognised for its world class provision of care, guidance and support. As a member of the Positive Education movement, Kellett School proudly shares its expertise worldwide. We are seeking an exceptional pastoral leader to promote and uphold the ethos and values of the school, whilst contributing their expertise to the wider professional community.
The Head of House will have responsibility for managing one of four houses as well the continued development and implementation of our Positive Education strategy in the Senior School.
Significant Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the House pastoral team, through the Tutors, providing oversight of students' academic performance, wellbeing and personal development
- Safeguard children and young people
- In conjunction with the Deputy Head review and develop the Senior School Behaviour Management systems, promoting the highest standards of positive behaviour
- Assist in the Senior School strategy for Positive Education
- Assist in the management and transition from Year 6 to Year 7, working with the Preparatory School staff to ensure smooth and timely transition. Support the processes which ensures staff understand the academic and personal profile of each student.
- Support the transition programme from Year 11 to Year 12
- Liaise with the Parents Committee to promote a positive wider community
Kellett School reserves the right to appoint to this position at any time during the recruitment process.
Kellett School - The British International School in Hong Kong is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Kellett School is an equal opportunity employer and as such treats all job applicants and staff with equal respect free from unjustifiable discrimination. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Personal data is being collected for Human Resources purposes, including assessing your suitability for the post for which you are applying. The data will be used by Kellett School and the Board of Governors. If you wish to access any personal data held by Kellett School, please contact the HR Manager. If your application is unsuccessful the personal data you supply will be retained for one year, at the end of which time it will be destroyed.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 5 years teaching experience.
- Any degree.
- PGCE or PGDE, UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Criminal background check
- Over 18 and below 65 years of age
Kellett School (Kowloon Bay Prep and Senior)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years
Kellett School, the British International School in Hong Kong, established in 1976, offers an exceptional education comparable to prominent independent schools in the UK. We are proud to be one of Hong Kong’s leading international schools, a reputati...