Tes are working with a new Independent International School in Foshan, looking to recruit a Head of Humanities and/or Teacher of History & Geography
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to establish and shape this new international school and the successful candidate will need to:
- Have a clear vision for effective learning and teaching in Humanities, History & Geography
- Have a clear understanding of what excellence in Humanities looks like
- Possess outstanding teaching skills and be enterprising and proactive
- Promote a strong culture of developing practice in learning and teaching
- Have excellent communication, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Support the distinctive ethos of the School and actively participate in the School community
- Possess the empathy and understanding required for effective people management
- Ability to inspire all ages and be willing to participate fully in the wider life of the School.
- A teaching qualification e.g. PGCE and QTS and at least 2 years’ experience post QTS
- Strong experience of the British National Curriculum
- A strong academic background and a good degree in Humanities or other closely related subject
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A proven track record of leadership
- An excellent relocation, travel and accommodation package
- International standard medical coverage
- Access to all staff/school facilities
- Excellent CPD development
Newly opened in 2020 to provide a British high school education to the expatriate community in Foshan, the first school in the city to do so. When full, will educate 800 boys and girls aged 10-18, with both day and boarding options. Closely linked with it's UK counterpart which has been well established since 1710, it shares the same joyful approach to learning and aims to become a beacon of educational excellence and the premier School in the region.
The location: Foshan
Situated in the heart of Foshan, a city the size of London with a rich and varied cultural heritage. Foshan is a clean, modern city with the ambition to become the hub for high-technology, bio-science, and finance in the Greater Bay Area. The city is famous for its porcelain ceramics, the martial art Wing Chun (Kung Fu), Chinese opera and its Cantonese cuisine.
The area surrounding the School is green and air quality is good. There are plenty of cycling and running tracks along the banks of the Dongping Waterway and adjacent to the Ban Yuedao wetland park. Traditional culture has been preserved in nearby Lingnan Tiandi, which has been redeveloped as a pedestrianised restaurant and shopping area.
The School is 45 minutes from the International Airport in Guangzhou and just under an hour from Hong Kong and Hong Kong International Airport by high-speed train.
The School Site
The School enjoys a spacious, green environment spread over a 9.5 acre site. As a brand new School, incorporates latest thinking in school design, offering state-of-the-art facilities include flexible, collaborative classrooms, superbly equipped science and technology facilities, specialist teaching and performance spaces for the creative and performing arts, extensive sports facilities together with a 400m running track and sports fields. Modern student accommodation will enable up to 60% of students to board to allow them to truly work hard, play hard and sleep well at night. The on-site, purpose-built staff apartment building includes a fitness suite, social club and terrace. In addition, staff can make use of the impressive school dining and sports facilities.
If you are interested in this post, apply today or contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Tes Schools Recruitment
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...