Head of Humanities
Salary: Main/Upper Scale plus TLR2C
Hours: Full Time
Required from: January 2018
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified aspirational History teacher to join our successful and enthusiastic Humanities team. In this role you will have responsibility for driving our Humanities team (History, Geography and RE) to continue their journey of outstanding learning, inspirational teaching and a consistent desire to raise standards across the key stages in all 3 specialisms.
The preferred candidate will:
• be an inspirational teacher of History across the key stages
• be able to motivate and challenge staff to plan and teach aspirational lessons which support students to make rapid progress
• be able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills
• be passionate about the role of Humanities within education
• be up to date with curriculum developments and be innovative in implementing them across Humanities.
Warblington School is the best performing school within a 75 mile radius when compared to children with similar starting positions in Key Stage 2. We have a 4 year trend in improving results and the school is known for its inclusive approach. It will be vital that Humanities continues to be at the forefront of this improvement. At Warblington, we pride ourselves on our coaching ethos and our supportive team of professionals. As a new middle leader you will receive a full and appropriate induction programme and have access to a tailored CPD programme and ongoing professional development. If you think you could contribute to the team, please see our website below for an application form.
Please note that we do not accept CV applications.
Visits to the school are welcome – please contact Karen Chaffey on 02392 485151 www.warblington.hants.sch.uk
Closing date: Thursday 21st September 2017
Interview date: TBC
Warblington School, Southleigh Road, Havant, Hants PO9 2RR
Tel: 023 9247 5480