Head of Humanities (History)
MPS/UPS + TLR1b (£9,471)
Required for September 2018
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and inspirational leader to join King’s Norton Boys’ School as we continue on our journey towards becoming Outstanding. We are seeking to appoint an experienced, talented and dedicated Head of Humanities.
The successful candidate will:
· Be a resilient, highly driven and self-motivated professional, who goes the extra mile to ensure that students achieve their full potential.
· Have a proven track record of raising achievement of students of all abilities in History at key stages 3 and 4.
· Lead, inspire and motivate the Humanities team to enable high performance.
· Oversee regular self-review of the Humanities Faculty and drive continuous improvement.
· Be able to monitor and support the progress and development of all students across the faculty.
· Strive to achieve our vision of delivering a challenging and engaging learning experience for all students.
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious candidate as we build on our upward trajectory. Our GCSE results in 2017 were the best the school has ever achieved and we received a very positive ‘Good’ Ofsted judgement in the autumn term of this academic year. A culture that 'we are all learners' exists throughout the school. Each and every staff member is focused on continuous improvement and we work collaboratively to support one another. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we provide for staff to develop as practitioners and leaders.
We look forward to applications from exceptional teachers looking to progress to the next stage of their career.
Applicants should complete the school’s application form and submit with a supporting letter, maximum of two sides of A4.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Friday 18th May 2018. Interviews will take place week commencing Monday 21st May 2018.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
If you would like to visit the school then please contact Mrs Holland, Headteacher’s PA, on 0121 628 0010. Further information about the school is available at www.knbs.co.uk