Prendergast School is an Outstanding 11-16 Girls School with a mixed 6th Form of over 300 students and benefits from being part of the Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools. Awarded its third Outstanding OFSTED grading in a row in November 2013, the school has been leading girls’ education in Lewisham for over 125 years. The school has been recognised by the SSAT for being in the top ten percent nationally of non-selective schools for attainment. It has been awarded the Wellbeing Award, the NACE Award and the Gold Artsmark Award.
Head of Humanities
September 2021 or earlier
We wish to appoint an exceptional and inspirational teacher to lead, manage and provide strategic direction for our Humanities Department. Our Humanities department offers Geography, History, Religious Studies, Sociology and Politics and is one of the most successful Faculties in our school.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership skills and a clear focus on raising attainment across the department along with the ability to lead a subject area as part of your Head of Department responsibilities. Ideally candidates will have a specialism in Geography.
You will also have:
- an excellent track record of ensuring good progress across all Key Stages;
- a track record of raising attainment and examination results at Key Stage 4 and 5;
- a track record of outstanding teaching and curriculum development across all Key Stages;
- a proven ability and enthusiasm to motivate students and staff;
- the ability to raise expectations and aspirations of students of all abilities;
- an understanding of effective strategies for urban schools;
- a desire to share experiences and good practice with colleagues.
You will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with the ability to lead and influence others to achieve exceptional performance, holding them accountable to the highest expectations with respect to their own practice and the learning of the students in their classes.
We are committed to providing excellent CPD for aspiring Middle Leaders and offer the accredited National Professional Qualification for Middle Leaders (NPQML) to our staff. For all new staff we offer a comprehensive and supportive induction programme. The successful candidate will also have access to a rich and varied CPD programme within the school and across the Federation.
You will have the opportunity to work with a forward thinking staff and school leadership team who have students’ wellbeing, development and progress as their core purpose.
To apply please click here
Closing date: 9:30am on Tuesday 25th January 2021
Please note CVs are not accepted.
The Leathersellers’ Federation of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Prendergast School is a happy and successful girls’ school, located in a vibrant part of Lewisham in South East London. We are the lead in a hard federation of 3 schools with one Governing body. The school has around 850 girls at Key Stag...