Job Title: Head of Humanities
Salary: MPS -UPS + TLR 2b (£6,449)
Start Date: Easter 2018 or as soon as possible
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
Berwick Academy is seeking to appoint an inspirational leader who is committed to raising the attainment and aspirations of our students. You will be an enthusiastic and well qualified humanities specialist able to teach across Key Stages 3-5.
Berwick Academy is located midway between Edinburgh and Newcastle on the east coast mainline and serves the beautiful coastal community of Berwick upon Tweed in north Northumberland. We are a co-educational academy for pupils aged 13-18, with 550 pupils approx.
We can offer:
- Excellent support with a strong emphasis on CPD
- A friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people
- A skilled and supportive middle leadership team
You will be:
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership skills through which you are able to inspire and develop a team
- Able to teach History or Geography to Advanced level
- Able to offer a second Humanities subject
- Committed to the highest standards of teaching and learning
- An inspiring teacher and able to motivate and challenge students to make rapid progress
- Able to demonstrate thorough lesson planning, enthusiastic delivery and detailed assessment
In addition, you should have the following leadership qualities:
· Strong leadership skills through which you are able to inspire and develop a team
· Recent and relevant knowledge of different curriculum developments within your subject
· An understanding of national developments within education
· Ability to support other staff through both general CPD and teaching pedagogy
· Drive and enthusiasm through which you can support the senior leadership team in developing Humanities
For an application pack, to arrange a visit or an informal chat regarding this post and working at the Academy, please contact Diane Jamieson or Katie McWilliams on 0191 267 6555 or 07713 323 792 or email email@example.com
Completed application forms should be submitted by Noon on 30th October to Diane Jamieson or Katie McWilliams via email. Interviews will be held on week commencing 6th November 2017.
Berwick Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Berwick Academy has a policy commitment to equal opportunities and diversity in employment and seeks to ensure no employee or applicant receives less favourable treatment than another. All posts are filled on merit.
Head teacher – Alexis Widdowson
Berwick upon Tweed