Head of humanities
Pay grade MPS/UPS plus TLR 2.8 (£6,500)
Starting salary can be negotiated based on experience
Start date: Easter or September 2019
Are you an aspiring leader and feel that you have what is required for an exciting position as head of humanities to further your career?
Staffordshire University Academy are seeking to appoint an innovative, ambitious, enthusiastic and proactive head of humanities to lead the development of teaching, learning, achievement and aspiration within humanities up to KS5. The successful candidate will be responsible for the line management of the history, geography, RE, MFL, social sciences and PHSE (CHARACTER education).
Staff benefit from a positive working environment with strong support for professional development. The successful candidate will be able to lead and build on the strengths within the department whilst continuing to drive the progress being made in these vital curriculum areas.
Applicants must have a degree or equivalent in a humanities subject and have at least 3 years of experience teaching humanities in a mainstream school.
Do you have?
• High aspirations to deliver at a consistently effective level
• A desire to ensure all groups of students are suitably motivated and challenged
• The desire to share and learn from best practice to ensure continual self-improvement
• The ability to use and apply technology in lessons to support teaching and learning
• A passion and a desire to make a difference to the lives of young people
In return we can offer:
• Genuinely exciting career development opportunities in a growing academy
• Supportive, experienced and enthusiastic colleagues
• Excellent facilities including classrooms equipped with the latest audio visual technology
If you are interested in joining our team, please complete and return our application form by the specified closing date.
For more information and to download an application pack please visit our website: www.suacademy.co.uk or email: email@example.com or contact Claire Simpson on Telephone: 01543 224654.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 25th February. Interviews will take place Wednesday 27th February.