Head of ICT and Computing (TMS + TLR 2c £6216)
We require, for September 2018, a dynamic, skilled and inspirational teacher to lead the teaching of ICT and Computing within this outstanding school (Ofsted May 2009 and June 2013). The post is remunerated with a TLR 2c but there is the possibility of a higher level of payment for an outstanding candidate who is able to take on additional whole school responsibilities.
This will be a key appointment at this very popular and successful school as it forges ahead in this exciting period in ICT development with the move away from baseline ICT and towards wider use of digital applications and learning.
Bartholomew School is founded on a positive, caring community ethos and the critical attribute for the successful candidate is the capacity to make a major contribution to developing our already excellent standards by developing our approach to ICT and Computing across the school. We have a successful track record of providing an education which delivers consistently high standards as well as the resilience, flexibility, and emotional intelligence which ensures that our young people have the potential to be leaders of the future.
The successful candidate will:
• be an excellent teacher of ICT and Computer Science
• have high level strategic vision, delighting in challenge
• have a strong commitment to quality and sustained improvement in teaching and learning
• be able to lead, develop, motivate and inspire others to raise standards
• have a commitment to inclusion and maximising every child’s achievement
• be an excellent communicator and have a desire to be innovative
• have knowledge of programming, algorithm design, database structures and problem-solving associated with teaching operating systems and networking
We can offer you:
• excellent, modern ICT network rooms and facilities
• highly supportive, talented and committed students, staff and governors
• high standards of achievement and very good value added at all key stages
• the potential and capacity to match your ambition
• the benefits and challenges Leading Edge Status bring
• a caring and inclusive school that nurtures the development of all
• professional development and support for fast career progression
Bartholomew School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is therefore subject to all the standard safeguarding checks. Please also note that, due to Safer Recruitment in Schools, we usually seek references after long-listing candidates and before short listing takes place, to allow adequate time for the return of references. For further details and an application pack please contact Mrs Suzanne Nobes at the school on 01865 881430 or email: email@example.com. The closing date for applications will be 12 Noon on Thursday, 22 March 2018.