Burton Borough is a vibrant and inclusive mixed Community school of 1160 students, situated on the Shropshire/ Staffordshire border within the pleasant market town of Newport. We were awarded the Gold Mental Health Award from the Carnegie School of Mental Health in April 2019 and are the first school in England to be recognised by Public Health England for the work we do in this area. Our location provides easy access to/ from Shrewsbury, Stafford, Telford and Wolverhampton. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the school.
Duties and responsibilities as a Head of Subject are numerous but in main, we are seeking to appoint someone who:
• Is able to communicate a vision for the future of Computer/ICT/Business Studies
• Can lead development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching and learning strategies within the ICT/Business Studies Department.
• Day to day management, control and operation of course provision within the department and ensuring reporting deadlines are met
• Data and evidence-focused with excellent attention to detail.
• Creative approach to inspiring students and delivering effective interventions
• Experience in challenging high potential students
• Lead and manage the business planning function of the department and to ensure that the planning activities of the department reflect the needs of students within the subject area, SIP/DIP and the aims and objectives of the School.
• Is extremely knowledgeable in ICT/Business Studies and has a real enthusiasm for their subject with experience of delivering excellent results
• Teaches engaging and challenging lessons that promote students’ abilities to learn independently and to respond effectively to feedback
• Believes that ICT plays an important role in the development of students’ skills, knowledge and understanding
• Is able to instill in students a love of ICT/Business
• Recognises the value of learning beyond the classroom in enhancing the understanding and experience of the world in which we live.
• Is keen to work in a school which is held in high esteem by its parents and who want further to extend this reputation for excellence
• Is prepared to accept and endorse the aims and policies of the school as outlined in the accompanying documentation
• A professional learning culture that is highly focused on developing your teaching craft
• A well-equipped, modern learning environment that includes a new £8 million teaching block
• A strong community ethos built through a small School System, with each School retaining a strong sense of identity
• A ‘stage not age’ attitude to career development opportunities
• A school that provides rich opportunities for extra-curricular activities including the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme, team sports, dramatic performances and an internationally acclaimed School Band
If you require any further information, please visit our website at www.burtonborough.org.uk, or telephone 01952 386500 or email the Principal's PA at email@example.com
For daily updates and to see what we do, follow us on Twitter or Instagram @BurtonBorough
The Burton Borough School
Telford and Wrekin
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years