Repton School Abu Dhabi are looking for an outstanding Inclusion Manager to lead our Inclusion Department covering Nursery to Year 1.
The successful candidate must have a SENCO qualification and have skilfully lead a team. Previous experience of working in Early Years is essential, UAE experience would be an advantage.
Strategic direction and development:
- Support the vision, ethos and policies of the school which secure effective teaching, successful learning and promote high levels of achievement and self-esteem for all students irrespective of background, ethnicity, gender or disability
- Help lead and manage the creation and implementation of the School Development Plan which identifies priorities and targets for ensuring students achieve high standards and make progress, increasing teachers' effectiveness and securing school improvement and to take responsibility for appropriately delegated aspects of it
- Support the evaluation of the effectiveness of the school's policies and developments and analyse their impact on students who have special educational needs
- Ensure the effective and proficient use of student data from a variety of sources, both internal and external, in the process of target setting;
- Ensure that parents are well informed about the curriculum, targets, individual students' progress and achievement
- Develop and maintain good relationships with parents, outside agencies and the local community
Teaching and learning
- Identify and adopt the most effective teaching approaches for those students with special educational needs
- Monitor teaching and learning activities to meet the needs of students with special educational needs
- Provide training opportunities and support for Teaching Assistants, Personal Learning Support Assistants and other teachers to learn about special educational needs
- Identify and teach study skills that will develop students' ability to work independently
- Liaise with other schools to ensure continuity of support and learning when transferring students with special educational needs
Recording and assessment
- Set targets for raising achievement among students with special educational needs
- Collect and interpret specialist assessment data
- Set up systems for identifying, assessing and reviewing special educational needs
- Update the Headteacher/ Principal and Governing Body on the effectiveness of provision for students with special educational needs
- Meet half-termly with teachers to lead ‘Inclusion Progress’ meetings
- Attend consultation evenings and keep parents informed about their child's progress
- Encourage all members of staff to recognise and fulfil their responsibilities to students with special educational needs
- Disseminate good practice in special educational needs across the school
- Identify resources and provision needed to meet the needs of students with special educational needs
About Repton School Abu Dhabi
Repton Abu Dhabi is a prominent school on Reem Island in the heart of 'new Abu Dhabi'. We've been here since 2013, growing quickly due to our popularity with the local and expat community alike and our quality has been recognised though the award of a 'Very Good' rating by ADEK with several outstanding features, which we seek to build on in the years ahead.
We follow a British independent school curriculum which incorporates elements of the English Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum but allows highly skilled teachers to develop a curriculum for an international environment.
Our greatest challenge as a school is to develop in our students the capacity for independent thought and action, and then combine this with rational and responsible decision-making.
Play underpins the Early Years Foundation Stage. It also underpins learning and all aspects of children's development. Through play, children develop language skills, their emotions and creativity, social and intellectual skills. We value play and provide safe but challenging environments that support and extend learning and development. The curriculum is delivered with a child led focus and we encourage the students to share their interests which are then included as learning opportunities in each classroom.
About the School
The Early Years are housed on Rose campus. A specially designed foundation school campus catering for Nursery – Year 1. The facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, multiple gymnasiums and outdoor playgrounds all cater towards early years students. Staff and students also benefit from being an Apple Distinguished School. The structure of the Early Years allows for middle leadership opportunities, including; heads of department and heads of subject.
- Generous basic pay based on completed years of experience
- Generous leave entitlements
- Annual flight allowance, accommodation provided, and world class medical and healthcare benefits (subject to status)
- Tuition fee remission for up to two dependent children in Repton School Abu Dhabi
As a school we are very proud of the culture we have built at Repton Abu Dhabi. Schools are about people and relationships and our recruitment strategy very much focuses on hiring people with outstanding character. We are protective of our culture. The following character traits are non-negotiables:
- Team Player who adds to the collaborative culture of the school
- Positive attitude, adaptable and solution focused
- A life-long learner with a growth mindset
- Humility and humour - An ability to work hard but have fun
Please note, the requirements below are not aspirational; we cannot obtain a license from the local regulator for candidates not meeting the qualifications criteria. We require:
- Qualified Teacher Status; and
- EITHER - Bachelors of Education with PGCE or Masters and relevant experience teaching this subject specialism;
- OR - Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism plus PGCE / Masters in Education
- Have experience teaching in a school with an outstanding track record
- Have minimum 2 years post qualification experience
- Have experience teaching in a UK setting or renowned British Curriculum international school
- Be at least 25 years old
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years
Repton School, Abu Dhabi - Rose Campus
Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 9 years