We would like to invite applications for the permanent post of Head of Inclusion (Head of Autism ERP and SENCO) from September 2018. We are seeking to appoint an ambitious subject specialist, with an in-depth understanding of the nature of the SEND support and its relationship to the curriculum development. You will combine excellent organisational and management skills with the ability to lead the department.
Strategic development of the school’s Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) provision and oversight of the day-to-day operation of that policy with the aim of raising SEND pupil achievement. This to include the leadership of the Autism ERP and the team of specialist Teaching Assistants. Through outstanding leadership, the Head of Autism ERP’s role is to co-ordinate the delivery of the supportive educational offer made through the centre. Ensuring, through high quality monitoring and evaluating procedures, that there is effective teaching and learning in their specialist areas and that students are focused on developing the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to achieve their academic and personal development targets.
The successful applicant must:-
· have the ability to set high standards and be a professional role model for staff in the teaching and learning of the specialism;
· have the ability to support, guide and motivate others;
· have excellent interpersonal and presentational skills;
· have the ability to plan strategically;
· be receptive to change and have the ability to work under pressure;
· be flexible, collaborative and resilient;
· have the ability to lead whole school initiatives.
· be able to manage all aspects of Departmental assessment including analysis and review.
You will find us to the north of the historic city of York and we have an excellent learning environment and superb facilities.