When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
GEMS Al Barsha National School Dubai offers an inspirational curriculum based on the National Curriculum for England with Arabic language and UAE culture, heritage and tradition at the heart of everything. The school opened in 2016 and as an all-through educational provision, now caters for almost 1000 children from FS1 to Year 12. FS provision is co-educational with Y1-12 boys and girls taught separately.
The school enjoys a prime location making it easily accessible to everything that Dubai has to offer as well as other Emirates. As well as being a fabulous place to work, Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Here in Dubai, you will enjoy an excellent lifestyle as well as extensive travel and leisure opportunities around the region and further afield.
About the Role:
We are looking for an outstanding Head of Inclusion to join our team at GEMS Al Barsha National School from September 2022.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Head of Inclusion who is excited to join our world-class school and who is driven to provide educational support at an exceptional level. GEMS staff enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee the teaching and support of our SEND students across the school
- Lead the inclusion and ELL teams
- Monitor and report SEND students progress
- Liaise with all stakeholders including, parents, external therapists and external providers
- Manage the inclusion register and associated documents to ensure accuracy and transparency
- Work with admissions team and senior leaders to ensure all prospective students are accurately assessed prior to entry
To be considered, you will require
- A Bachelors Degree and a certified teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE or equivalent
- A SEND/leadership qualification, ideally this would include SENCO
As a teacher at a GEMS School you can expect:
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
GEMS Al Barsha National School Dubai offers an inspirational curriculum based on the National Curriculum for England with Arabic language and UAE culture, heritage and tradition at the heart of everything. The school opened in 2016 and as an all-thro...