For September 2018 we are looking to recruit a Head of Infants and Primary, to lead an exciting, vibrant and creative team of fully qualified and experienced Primary and Infant teachers, and associated Teaching Assistants for each Year group. The successful candidate will have UK experience of teaching across the Infant and Primary age range as well as a proven track record in a management post/post of responsibility within Primary or Infants.
The British School of Vila-Real was founded in 1996. It is the only private co-educational British school in Castellón and provides education from Early Years to Sixth Form. The school is recognised by the Spanish Ministry of Education and the British Council in the United Kingdom. Our students obtain British and Spanish qualifications and this enables them to study at any European university. Some of our students also choose to continue their studies further afield and in recent years we have sent students to America on academic and sports scholarships.
We are a friendly, successful and growing British school based in the town of Vila-Real in the region of Valencia, Spain. Vila-Real is well connected and offers beautiful beaches, lively towns and benefits from its close proximity to the vibrant city of Valencia. The UK National Curriculum is taught throughout the school and our students range from age 2 up to 18. The Primary School has approximately 300 students from Early Years to Year 6 and the Secondary School has approximately 300 students from Year 7 to Year 13. The vast majority of our students are Spanish and learn in English, apart from in the compulsory Spanish subjects, which are all taught in their native Spanish language.
The position of Head of Infants and Primary School
- Play a leading role in the school improvement and school self-evaluation planning process
- Lead the development and review of all aspects of the curriculum including planning, recording and reporting, assessment for learning and the development of a creative and appropriate curriculum for all pupils
- Promote a culture of inclusion within the school community where all views are valued and taken into account
- Ensure the systematic teaching of basic skills and recording of impact is consistently high across the school
- Develop, review systems to ensure robust evaluation of school performance, progress data and actions to secure improvements comparable to appropriate national standards
- Ensure through leading by example the active involvement of pupils and staff in their own learning
- Be an excellent role model, exemplifying a high standard of teaching and promoting high expectations for all members of the school community
- Support the development of collaborative approaches to learning within the school and beyond
- Organise and support the induction of staff new to the school and those being trained within the school
- Support the headteacher in reporting the school’s performance to its community and partners
- Promote and protect the health and safety welfare of pupils and staff
- Promote the positive involvement of parents/carers in school life
- Organise and conduct meetings where appropriate with parents and carers to ensure positive outcomes for all parties
- Strengthen partnership and community working
- Undertake any reasonable request made by the Head Teacher or Director
- Relevant qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of UK National Curriculum requirements
- Highly effective team leader, able to motivate and engage other staff in change/new ideas
- Ability to teach across the full age and ability range (Infants - Primary)
- Proven team management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development
To apply or for further information about this role, please contact Amy Bardsley, Senior Recruitment Consultant at TIC Recruitment who are handling all applications on behalf of the school at email@example.com.
Applications should include:
- Current CV (no longer than 3 pages)
- A recent photograph
- Letter of application which responds directly to the following question
(in no more than two sides of A4). ‘How would you ensure that amazing
learning remains at the heart of our Infants and Primary School here at
the British School of Vila-Real?
- Contact details of 3 professional referees (including one from a senior
person in your current or most recent school)
The British School of Vila-Real is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to have undertaken an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS process and/or local police checks.