Dubai College is seeking to appoint a lively, enthusiastic and highly committed Head of Islamic Studies to this thriving and successful department for September 2020. As a teacher at Dubai College you will be expected to monitor, assess and evaluate the learning which is taking place and then report the findings to students and parents and adapt your teaching accordingly. Finally you will also recognise that your role extends far beyond the classroom: you will be expected to be a form tutor to an assigned group of students, contribute to the school’s PSHE programme through Enrichment Days, tutor time and class assemblies, as well as lead at least one extra-curricular activity per week and participate in one whole-school event in an evening or on a weekend at least once per term.
All applicants must:
- have a degree in Islamic Studies recognised by the UAE Ministry of Education
- have Qualified Teacher Status and a minimum of two-years teaching experience post qualification
- have experience of teaching Islamic Studies in a British curriculum school
be up to date with current changes in the curriculum and be prepared in the implementation of those changes
In addition the successful candidate will:
- be expected to teach Islamic Studies throughout Key Stages 3 to 5 and be able to stretch the most able and support all students
- be able to demonstrate excellent skills in classroom practice using a wide range of teaching and learning strategies
- be an enthusiastic, creative and innovative teacher with a genuine love of the subject, who can motivate and inspire students using a wide range of teaching strategies
- be fully aware of Assessment for Learning and include AFL as an integral part of classroom practice
- be able to work as a member of a team and to contribute to the further development of the department
- be committed to their own professional development, and in particular to the integration of digital skills as a tool for teaching and learning
A full job specification can be found in the Vacancy Pack attached. This is also available on our website together with an application form.
Dubai College operates its own teaching scales. The contract of employment provides for a generous basic salary (currently tax free), medical insurance and terminal gratuity. In addition, allowances are available for accommodation and relocation as well as an annual flight allowance.
Applicants should send a completed application form by email to Annie Kirkaldy, Headmaster’s Assistant on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dubai College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and we select staff that understand and share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and obtaining a Police Certificate or Good Conduct Certificate from the country the applicant last resided or was employed in, which may include Disclosure & Barring checks.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com using the application form available on our website.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 5th December but please note that we reserve the right to interview strong candidates before this deadline; we therefore encourage candidates to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Interviews are planned for Wednesday 4th to Sunday 8th December 2019 and there is the potential for a final stage interview in Dubai following the initial round.