Contract: Permanent, full time
Start Date: September 2021
Salary up to £45,897
An opportunity has arisen to contribute to a successful and highly ambitious College that is already in the top 10% of Sixth Form Colleges in the country. Wyke is an established, popular Sixth Form College with an outstanding reputation in the locality. The college draws students from Kingston-upon-Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, and further afield. The largest and one of the most successful A-level provider in the area, we offer applicants the opportunity to work alongside committed colleagues who have enabled our students to achieve high levels of success. At Wyke we put the student first and all decisions centre around staff working together to meet their best interests.
Wyke is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and inspiring Head of Subject to lead and develop the existing provision to make Computing a vital and high performing provision in the College and across the region. The successful candidate will:
• be able to draw upon industry links and establish new ones to further support students’ next steps and experiences in the area
• be keen to embrace our culture of high standards and commitment to development
• be a well-qualified teacher, skilled in delivering engaging lessons that draw the best performance from students
• have strong leadership skills and the ability to build strong relationships with students and colleagues, understanding the factors that lead to high levels of student achievement.
• teach on Computing CTEC and Computer Science courses
We offer a forward-thinking, welcoming college with supportive management and a modern environment. Benefits include a strong programme of staff development and membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme. We are lucky to work with great students who are here to learn.
The College takes safeguarding extremely seriously and a DBS disclosure as well as other pre-employment checks will be required for this post.
For further details and an application form please see below or visit www.wyke.ac.uk/about-wyke/staff-vacancies. If you have any queries about applying for the role or require paper copies of the information please contact email@example.com, or call 01482 346347.
The closing date for received applications is 9am Monday 12th April 2021.
Wyke Sixth Form College
Kingston upon Hull
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 19 years