Head of IT
Swiss International Scientific School in Dubai (SISD) opened in August 2015 and is a candidate school for all three academic International Baccalaureate (IB) programmes with the goal of becoming an IB continuum school. The school currently serves approximately 980 students up to Grade 10. Student numbers will eventually rise to a targeted total of about 2,200 of whom 300 students will be boarders. Our generous, state-of-the art campus with significant sports facilities is located in Dubai Healthcare City, Al Jaddaf, Dubai. Find out more about SISD at www.sisd.ae.
We have created a school that offers an outstanding education focused on both academic excellence and personal growth. We encourage students to take risks, become compassionate lifelong learners and responsible citizens who care for one another and contribute to a strong society through intercultural understanding and respect. At SISD, a distinctive feature of school life is the diverse student body made up of more than 60 different nationalities. It is our strong belief that the next generation of international citizens will need to be dynamic, flexible and linguistically ambitious. This is why we offer all our students the opportunity to become multilingual. Our international programmes reflect a sincere commitment to a Swiss vision of excellence in education to enable our students fully to embrace future opportunities.
We are looking for an outstanding, dynamic and enthusiastic Head of IT.
The Head of IT develops and implements the IT strategy in coordination with the educational and leadership teams. The Head of IT and his/her team ensure that the school’s computer network is functional at all times and all IT users and labs are fully supported at all times.
The main duties and responsibilites include:
• Overall responsibility for the schools networks, communication, and stand-alone devices
• To keep up to date with technology in education • To propose forward looking solution
• To participate in setting the overall school IT strategy with the leadership team
• To manage the IT support team to reach excellence in service
• To manage the applications officer workbook and project delivery
• To set yearly budgets and forward looking projections
• To maintain the school’s e-mail and internet systems
• To devise and keep update a disaster recovery plan
• To provide periodic reports on different KPIs and usage throughout the school
The successful candidate will have a degree with focus on IT
• have a minimum of 5 years working experience in an international, mid-sized company with preference in the education sector preferred
• Greenfield projects experience
• Leadership experience
• UAE working experience preferred
The salary and benefits package reflects the fact that SISD is committed to excellence. In addition to a tax-free globally competitive salary, SISD provides an annual flight allowance, discount on school fees and medical insurance.
Applicants are invited to apply directly through the TES application form or directly to SISD by submitting:
•a letter of application addressed to the Head of School
•a current CV including a recent passport size photograph and details of two professional referees, of which one should be a current or most recent employer, line manager or supervisor
Email applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 31 March 2018
SISD is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its employees and students. A police check is a pre-requisite for all appointments.