Applications are invited for a Head of Junior School role at an Independent coeducational school located in South Western Sydney. The school promotes the pursuit of academic excellence and social responsibility. They provide opportunities for enlightenment and aspire to develop people of faith with high moral standards and integrity. The school endeavours to foster the intellectual, spiritual and emotional needs of each student. Science laboratories, food technology kitchens, visual arts area and computer lab are all features of the brand new Senior Campus.
About the Role:
• Executive Leadership position at this Kindergarten – Year 12 school
• Full time, Permanent role
• Position commencing Term 1, 2020 (or earlier as negotiated)
• Overseeing 20 staff and 430 students in the Junior School
• Report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for independently overseeing our 2 stream junior school (K-6)
Benefits of Registering with Smart Teachers:
• Completely free service
• Gain access to exclusively listed positions
• Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
• Demonstrate commitment to best practice in teaching and learning
• Have experience in Junior School executive leadership
• Provide support and mentoring to the Junior School staff to ensure that classroom practice is of high quality
• Exceptional leadership capabilities and demonstrated success in developing and leading teams
• Extensive knowledge of Junior School Curriculum and pedagogical theories and practices
• Proven experience in directing, managing and developing Junior School programs
• Ability to work in partnership with parents and build and maintain a positive learning community
• Ability to strategically plan and use data and research to inform key decisions and direction of the junior school
• Provide a minimum of three professional references
• Must hold unlimited rights to work in Australia
• Be registered or have the ability to be registered with New South Wales Education Standards Authority (NESA) and hold a NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC)
• Have the right to work in Australia
Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with more information.
Fast track your application:
• If you are in Australia or New Zealand, email your CV to Sandy, quoting job reference #WEB1812-533528SL– firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Monet quoting job reference #WEB1812-533528MH – email@example.com
• To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
If you’re not keen on this great job but know someone who is, just have them contact us and mention your name; this will ensure if they secure the job you will receive a $250.00 gift card as per our referral scheme (T&Cs apply).