Music is an integral part of the life of Queen Margaret’s, with a thriving department that not only caters for music as an academic discipline but also as a major contributor to the school’s enrichment programme. The department consists of the Director of Music who is assisted by the Head of Keyboard Studies, a Teacher of Music (this role), a School Administrator and a team of 16 peripatetic music teachers. In the academic year 2020/2021 we have had to adjust both our curriculum and its mode of delivery as the School both anticipated and reacted to changing guidance in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We require an enthusiastic and forward-thinking professional to be the Head of Keyboard Studies and Accompanist to cover the current post-holders planned maternity leave. If you have some availability for temporary work in June 2021 that would be very welcome. The successful candidate will be an inspiring musician and teacher with the following:
● A strong desire to continue to raise the profile of music at QM and to develop links with feeder schools
● Creative and inspirational leadership skills
● A sympathy with the Christian faith and worship
● Excellent communication skills, and the ability to enthuse and challenge girls of all ages and abilities with rigour and good humour
● An excellent pianist, accompanist and sight reader
● A proficient organist capable of providing Chapel Services, Evensong and organ tuition
● A willingness to support and develop the enriching presence of Music outside the classroom
● The ability to work collaboratively and creatively with the Drama and Dance departments
Please apply using the School’s Application Form (available on our website at queenmargarets.com/careers) and enclose a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the post and what you believe you will bring to the role.
Closing date: 12 Noon on Monday 12 April 2021
Queen Margaret's School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Queen Margaret’s is an independent school for independent girls. We are a school that encourages every girl to confidently pursue her interests; girls at QM are recognised for their willingness to try everything that life has to offer them.
Set in a ...