Governors are seeking to appoint for September 2017 a Head of Learning Support who has a commitment to academic excellence and a determination for every child to succeed. The successful applicant will build on the solid foundations already in place and will have the management, leadership and visionary qualities to lead the faculty to further success.
The successful candidate will primarily co-ordinate and manage the provision for and the monitoring of students needing support through the SEND register. However as part of the wider Academy structure it will be essential that he / she works closely with and supports the inclusion of EAL students attached to our EMAC department and also to the Academy Student Support Unit.
We are seeking a suitably qualified teacher who:
- Is an outstanding teacher who holds, is working towards or is committed to achieving the National SENCO Award.
- Has experience working with and making a difference to SEND students.
- Is committed to raising attainment and improving progress of all students.
- Is able to provide inspirational leadership.
- Has excellent managerial, team building and organisational skills.
- Has an ability to motivate colleagues.
- Is enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Has experience of working effectively with parents / carers and external agencies.
- Has a successful track record of improving and maintaining a high quality of provision.
- Has the potential to lead whole - academy initiatives - a member of the Leadership Team will mentor the successful person.
We can offer you:
- A good range of teaching and learning facilities.
- An excellent Induction and INSET programme.
- Excellent career development with the potential for promotion to senior leadership positions. A member of the Leadership Team will mentor the successful person.
- Very friendly and supportive colleagues.
- Positive Ofsted Report – good in all aspects.
For an informal discussion about the post / Academy in general or to visit prior to making an application, please contact Keith Whittlestone, Principal at the Academy.
Joseph Leckie Academy is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students and candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Please contact Jayne Jackson –Principal’s PA on extension 204 for further details/application form or visit www.j-leckie.walsall.sch.uk.
Closing date for applications: noon on Thursday, May 4th 2017.
Interviews will be held during the week beginning May 8th 2017.