Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of Learning Support on a full-time permanent basis from January 2022. This role is not suitable for NQTs.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving and highly successful non-selective, independent school in Notting Hill with 360 boys, aged 2 ½ to 8. The school is heavily oversubscribed and extremely successful in securing pupils’ entry into the preparatory school of their choice. It is part of a renowned group of schools, which is one of the country's leading educational groups.
It is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious teacher with excellent organisational and inter-personal skills who wishes to further their leadership experience or to embark upon a leadership role in a highly successful Pre-Preparatory School. Applicants will lead an innovative, forward-thinking and committed learning support team of three members of staff.
The position would suit dynamic teachers who are able to inspire pupils of all abilities to reach their full potential and lead staff in developing the department.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of the learning support programme
- Manage, support and liaise with teachers in the learning support department
- Work in conjunction with and collaboratively with all members of the school teaching team
- Work in conjunction with outside agencies where applicable to support the needs of pupils with special educational needs
- Build relationships with parents, listen carefully to their concerns and maintain high standards of communication at all times
- Liaise with colleagues including the gifted and talented leader, specialist teacher/s and the learning support team
- Plan, organise and teach pupils with SEN either in the classroom, individually or in small groups in accordance with school policy by setting and achieving the highest standards
The Successful Candidate:
- Be a fully qualified teacher
- Experience of Key Stage 1 or 2 is essential as is a qualification in OCR Level 5 or higher and experience teaching SEN pupils 1:1
- Be an excellent Learning Support practitioner with experience of 1:1 teaching
- Have high, though realistic expectations of the children
- Have a thorough up-to-date knowledge of Learning Support
- Be IT competent
- Be committed to making a difference to all pupils of all abilities and talents, using a variety of teaching styles to aid learning
- Be a committed, dynamic and pro-active Head of Learning Support and a cheerful, friendly and cooperative member of the staff
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR 1486575
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Kensington & Chelsea
At Tes, we’re committed to supporting schools to find top-quality candidates and supporting teachers find their next job opportunity.
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting...