This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, prestigious school with a reputation for providing outstanding support for pupils with additional learning needs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and well qualified specialist who is able to:
- Develop the department in terms of physical and personal resources;
- Devise a policy and a programme of support for the learning needs of pupils. This will include those with special educational needs including dyslexia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, English as an Additional Language, and pupils with an exceptional talent or ability;
- Provide appropriate one-to-one support for individual pupils, or small groups of pupils according to their learning difficulty;
- Work closely with the Learning Support Coordinator in the Junior School
- Liaise effectively with subject teachers to ensure appropriate high quality learning strategies are achieved in lessons;
- Disseminate information about girls who have been identified as having special needs so that classroom teaching and pastoral care may be enhanced;
- Address the learning needs of the pupils, and to enable them to gain access to a broad and balanced curriculum;
- Identify, support and monitor the progress of those pupils with special needs;
- Assist pupils to overcome difficulties and develop their full potential;
- Develop pupils’ self-esteem;
- Assist with administrative work as and when necessary;
- Keep up-to-date with current developments in learning enhancement.
Francis Holland Schools Trust has its own generous salary scale with season ticket loan.
Please see the attached information sheet and application form. Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date: 10.00am on Friday, 23rd February 2018.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.