It is an exciting time to join this supportive team who are passionate about inclusion in a mainstream setting. We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and visionary Head of Learning Support who will take the lead and further develop this crucial element of our educational provision across the Secondary school. The successful candidate will demonstrate a track record of improving progress and achievement in a Secondary setting, working collaboratively with students, parents and teachers to achieve this. The successful candidate will deliver and support the team in delivering interventions that may include individual and small group work as well as in-class support, co teaching with subject teachers to support students accessing the curriculum and reaching their personal potential.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with good facilities and a reputation for academic excellence, placing the success of each student at the centre of our mission. We value skills based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and A-Levels. The school is focused on creating the best environments for our students to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning, with our 1:1 iPad programme and use of Google Apps for Education as a learning platform. Our weekly professional development programme is bespoke and incorporates time for personal reflection, technology development and staff well-being.
Successful candidate must have:
- Experience of the testing procedures for Learning Support needs and examination access arrangements
- A proven track record of outstanding practice with a strong learning-focused philosophy
- A growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support students, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- The knowledge and skills to review Learning Support documents and IEPs in order to personalise and support learning and establish support in the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work alongside classroom teachers to develop appropriate programmes of learning and provide adequate differentiation for individual students
- Experience and knowledge of speech and language development and Autistic Spectrum Disorders within the mainstream setting would be desirable
- An understanding of sensory integration difficulties would also be an advantage
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications 28th September 2017. Interviews will take place by Skype in October.
Please review the ‘GIS Information for Applicants 2017-18’ booklet found in the Applicant Information Pack prior to applying for this role.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).