Head of Mathematics.
Support with relocation available. Possibility of accommodation however with boarding responsibilities. A-level: Edexcel (Core) and AQA (Further Maths).
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive independent girls school, based in Dorset. The school is looking to add a Head of Mathematics to their progressive and supportive Maths Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include managing the delivery of Mathematics at KS3, GCSE and A-level across year groups 7 to 13. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Head of Department you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
“This is an outstanding opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly qualified graduate to lead and develop a flourishing department. The Department achieves excellent results at GCSE and A Level. The ability to teach Sixth Form courses is essential.
We strive to nurture and facilitate a working environment where all colleagues are equally valued, truly supported and duly recognised for their contribution. All of our staff are instrumental in achieving our vision and values. We strive to offer staff regular CPD and development opportunities, including both internal and external development courses.
Based in the attractive market town of Sherborne, Dorset, our location is steeped in heritage and offers direct train links with London Waterloo, a choice of local airports and easy access to the A303 and A30."
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Maths Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Maths up to A-level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: specifically people and departmental management
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1400688 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email email@example.com for an information pack which includes school name, role specifics and context.
Please feel free to call Tom Nutley on 0776 700 1965 or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. REF: 1400688
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...