CLOSING DATE : Friday 20th April 2018, 9.00am
START DATE: September 2018
INTERVIEWS: Thursday 26th April 2018
HOURS OF WORK: Full time
- Can you inspire young people through your own fascination with Mathematics?
- Do you possess high emotional intelligence that builds lasting professional relationships?
- Are you a team player ready to tackle the educational challenges of the future?
If the answers to these questions is ‘yes’, then Gildredge House wants to hear from you.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the position of Head of Mathematics for our expanding 4-19 free school.
Our ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted judgement (June 2015) was only the start of the story. The challenge is to sustain and embed this excellence through every aspect of Gildredge House as it grows to full capacity in 2019. The core position and popularity of Mathematics in our growing school means that each year we need to add to our already strong team.
Leading the Team
We are looking for an inspirational leader with drive, ambition and integrity. You will receive excellent coaching and support to allow you to grow into an outstanding Head of Department and one who will be able to join a senior leadership team within a few years.
Opportunity to Teach A Level Mathematics
This is an exciting time to join our Outstanding Mathematics Department, with opportunities for professional development in the company of excellent practitioners. We have attracted a strong cohort of A Level Mathematics students, which means that, if you have the ability to teach your subject(s) to A Level, you may find yourself engaged from the start with talented, hard-working and committed students with a desire to take their learning to the highest level.
At Gildredge House each individual is known and valued. Students are inspired to discover their passions and realise their academic potential. You will join a strong team of inspirational teachers in an exciting environment where learning is fun.
Gildredge House is right for you if:
- You enjoy leading by example;
- You are interested in working at the leading edge of education;
- You are an imaginative and dynamic practitioner with a passion for teaching Mathematics;
- You have the capability of engaging and enthusing all students and you believe that everyone can succeed.
Gildredge House offers:
- continuity of education for boys and girls aged 4-19
- an expectation of high academic standards leading to Sixth Form studies
- smaller class sizes
- strong discipline
- excellent pastoral care
- an extended school day for older students
- supervised prep
- a range of extra-curricular activities
- parent and community involvement
Our school motto: 'Aspire'
Salary range: £22,912 rising to £33,487 (Gildredge House Main Pay Scale points M1-M6, 2018-19) Note: salary figures include a cost of living increase of 1% which is subject to variation. Upper Pay Scale may be accessible to the suitable applicant. The Head of Mathematics position attracts a further Leadership Allowance point on the GH Scale of £6,306pa.
If you are interested in the position please download the Application Pack on our website at www.gildredgehouse.org.uk/vacancies/
Please complete the Application for Employment and References & Monitoring Form and return to email@example.com by 9.00am on Friday 20th April 2018.
If you wish to discuss the post further or visit the school, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01323 400650.
Gildredge House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All offers of employment with the school are subject to pre-employment checks which will include References, Health, Right to Work in UK, a satisfactory Enhanced DBS with Children’s Barred List check and a Declaration that neither they nor anyone who lives in the same household is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.