Campus des Nations Secondary School
Seeks for September 2019
Founded in 1924, and enjoying close ties with the UN, the Foundation of the International School of Geneva, commonly known as Ecolint, is the world's number one international school. With eight schools on three campuses across the Geneva area, we educate around 4500 students aged from 3-18. We have around 1500 employees representing more than 110 nationalities. Ecolint is built on strong humanitarian values and prides itself on its long history of pedagogical innovation, including the creation of the International Baccalaureate, currently a reference in more than 3500 international schools in the world. Our mission is to shape students' lives and prepare them to be world citizens engaged with the political, ethical and environmental challenge of their times.
To complete our team at Secondary School, we are looking for a
HEAD OF MATHEMATICS
The successful candidate will have in depth knowledge of the IBO Middle Years Programme and Diploma Programme Mathematics in English, have experience in integrating technology in Mathematics and be able to engage students at all levels through exciting whole school curriculum design. They should be willing to play an active part in the wider life of the school and to collaborate with the other members of the department in order to create a dynamic and flexible learning environment for students
- A university degree in Mathematics or a related field;
- A teaching certificate and a proven track record of innovative and excellent teaching in the IB Middle Years Programme and the Diploma Programme resulting in students achieving to the best of their ability;
- Previous experience in managing a Mathematics department in an international school setting;
- Prior involvement of working collaboratively with school management to develop whole school transdisciplinary learning and approaches to the teaching and learning of Mathematics;
- Be current with curriculum developments of the IBO (Diploma);
- Experience of Content and Language Integrated Learning;
- Inclusive school philosophy with strategies for differentiation and second language learners;
- Expertise in using data to inform practice and curriculum development;
- The candidate should be fluent in English with a knowledge of French or the willingness to learn;
- Have an understanding of the Primary Years Programme and be able to ensure a smooth transition to the MYP.
Candidates are required to apply online by sending their CV, three references, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer, that may be followed at the point of interview and a covering letter addressed to Mr Jamie Williams, Secondary Principal, International School of Geneva, Campus des Nations before 19th November 2018 mentioning the reference number 430 001.
Only online applications will be considered
The International School of Geneva welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.