We are looking for a strong, passionate and innovative Head of Mathematics for August 2018. This is an excellent opportunity to lead a very strong Mathematics Department. Experience of teaching Mathematics to IB HL or A-Level is essential.
St Julian’s is a well-resourced successful non-selective British international school with a reputation for academic excellence. We have fantastic students and a hard-working and motivated staff. We understand that every student requires more than academic skills to succeed and are a school which believes in cultivating academic excellence through holistic education.
We value skills-based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the English National Curriculum, International GCSEs and IB Diploma. St Julian's provides a 1:1 iPad programme for students in Years 7 and 8 and uses Google Apps for Education as a learning platform.
Successful candidate must:
- Be a passionate and committed leader
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
- Have a passion for Mathematics
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- Have a strong learning-focused philosophy
- A working knowledge of Google Apps and the confidence to work in Key stage 3 classrooms with iPads would be an advantage
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- An initial contract of two years with extension possible
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
Please complete our application form, including your CV and application letter. For queries, please contact Mrs Paula Soares at email@example.com
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19th March 2018. Interviews will take place in London or by Skype in March / early April.
St Julian’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).