Saint George Catholic College is an oversubscribed and rapidly expanding college, that has been graded outstanding by the Local Authority and ranked in the top 5% of schools nationally for progress. The Maths department is outstanding with outstanding results. In 2017, 66% achieved grades 5-9 and 85% grades 4-9. Progress 8 is +0.61, which ranks the department in the top 5% nationally.
The department has been a high performing department for over a decade. The department has nine specialist maths teachers and one dedicated HLTA all of whom are exceptional teachers. The role will involve adapting current practices to meet the new GCSE expectations and creating an environment for our most able mathematicians to continue to thrive. The Maths Department has a dedicated teaching block which has recently been refurbished, and has a strong place at the heart of the school.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with ambition and drive who has the vision to build upon already excellent practice and take it to the next level. The right candidate would benefit from entering a supportive environment with a blend of skills, innovation and experience. There is no requirement to be Catholic to apply and this will be an external appointment.
• Be sympathetic towards the Catholic ethos of the college
• Have the energy, commitment and vision to make a real difference
• Have a clear, strong vision for education within a community
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Have the ability to inspire, motivate and be able to develop the potential of students
• Have a good understanding of best practice in learning and teaching
• A strong commitment to your professional development and career management
• An opportunity to be a part of an enthusiastic, creative and motivated department
• A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
• A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
If you feel you are ready for this challenge then please fill out the relevant application forms on the vacancies section of our website (www.stgcc.co.uk) and return to the Headteacher Mr J Habberley by the deadline below to email@example.com .The vacancies section can be found by clicking on the general information tab on the home page, or contact Mrs Jeanine Bonavia via email at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Visits to the college are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Jeanine Bonavia at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 20th April 2018 – 10am
Interview date: TBC
St George Catholic College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mr James Habberley
St George Catholic College
023 8032 2603